Your shopping cart is empty.
No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Caramel Cookies
- One 12 ounce box vanilla wafers
- 2 pounds Merckens cocoa dark
- 1 cup desiccated coconut, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 pound Merckens block vanilla caramel
- 1/4 pound Merckens white coating wafers
- 4 cup glass measuring cup
- Chocolate dipping fork
- plastic pastry bag
- Parchment paper or silicone pan liners
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pinch half-teaspoon size pieces of block vanilla caramel and press onto the top of vanilla wafers. Caramel is a little firm. Be sure to press caramel firmly onto the top of the cookies to get it to stick. Repeat until all cookies are coated with caramel.
- Melt cocoa dark wafers in the microwave*.
- Once melted, stir in the desiccated coconut
- Using a dipping fork, dip caramel coated wafers into melted cocoa dark. Tap the dipped cookie on the side of the measuring cup to drain excess cocoa dark.
- Place dipped cookies onto parchment paper or silicone pan liners.
- Sprinkle a small amount of coconut on top of each cookie. Be sure to do this before coating hardens.
- Once complete, melt white coating wafers. Place melted coating into disposable plastic pastry bag. Drizzle melted coating over the top of cookies.
- Store cookies in an airtight container. Do not refrigerate.
*To melt coating wafers, place wafers in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave coatings in 25-second intervals. Remove bowl from the microwave and stir. This is very important and will remove hot spots that could burn coating wafers. Repeat until wafers are thoroughly melted.
Happy Baking and Candy Making!