Your shopping cart is empty.
Microwave Candy Apples Recipe
- 8 to 10 Apples
- Wooden sticks
- 2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 pound Glucose
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon Flavoring oil
- 1 teaspoon Red Liquid Food color to match flavor
- Line a baking sheet with silicone parchment paper, set aside.
- Dip apples briefly in boiling water to remove any wax. The wax coating on apples can stop caramel from sticking. Remove stem, dry thoroughly, and let cool. You can also use organic apples, which do not have wax.
- Insert the wooden stick ¾ through the apple where the stem was located.
- If you plan on dipping the apples in peanuts, sprinkles, etc. line up in bowls large enough to accommodate the apples.
- Combine sugar and glucose in a 4-cup microwave safe glass measuring cup.
- Cover with plastic wrap Place into microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and carefully take off plastic wrap and stir.
- Place a new sheet of plastic wrap to cover and return to microwave on high for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from microwave, and uncover.
- Add red food coloring and cinnamon flavoring, gently stir until combined.
- Dip apples one at a time, coating evenly. Work quickly so the syrup doesn't harden. As you finish dipping an apple, roll it in topping of your choice.
- Place on the prepared cookie sheet, let cool for 1 hour.
Happy Baking and Candy Making!