Your shopping cart is empty.
Caramel Apples Recipe
- 6 to 8 Apples
- 1 pound Caramel
- 2 Tbl. Milk
- Wooden sticks
- Toppings and sprinkles of your choice
1. Dip apples briefly in boiling water to remove any wax. The wax coating on apples can stop caramel from sticking. Remove stem, dry thoroughly, and let cool. You can also use organic apples, which do not have wax.
2. Set up your toppings in bowls large enough to dip the apples.
3. Line a baking pan with silicone paper liners or buttered waxed paper.
4. Insert wooden sticks in the apple where the stem was located.
5. Place caramel and milk in a deep bowl. We recommend using a 4-cup microwave safe measuring cup. At full power, microwave for 1 minute. Stir and return to microwave for an additional minute. Stir again, if the caramel is not completely melted, return to microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
6. Dip apples in caramel, making sure to coat the entire apple up to the stick. Let excess caramel drip off.
7. Dip in the toppings of your choice and set on a prepared baking sheet until cool.
If preferred, you can dip your caramel apples in melted candy coatings once the caramel has cooled. Dip in nuts, chocolate cookie crumbs, graham cracker crumbs, nuts, etc..
Happy Baking and Candy Making!