Basic Truffles Recipe
- 1 pound of Merkens Candy Coatings
- ½ Cup Whipping Cream
- Flavoring of your choice
- Place candy coatings in a 4 cup glass measuring cup and microwave for 20 seconds at a time stirring in between intervals to distribute heat, you may have to repeat this several times. When almost completely melted stir until the remaining pieces dissolve.
- In a one cup glass measuring cup heat cream in the microwave until hot (not boiling).
- Pour cream into the melted coatings and stir until blended and satiny smooth.
- One Tablespoon liquor can be added at this point or even you’re favorite LorAnn Flavoring Oil.
- Refrigerate until firm. Truffle filling can be used with chocolate molds as a filling for chocolate shells or can be rolled into balls and dipped into melted Merckens candy coatings.