Your shopping cart is empty.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups cocktail peanuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Butter a 12 x 18-inch jelly roll pan and set aside.
- In a 3-quart heavy sauce pan combine sugars, corn syrup and water. Stir to combine. (This is the last time you will stir this mixture.)
- Cook until candy thermometer reaches 295 degrees (do not stir).
- Remove from heat. Add butter, baking soda, salt and peanuts. Stir. Take care not to burn yourself.
- Pour mixture out onto prepared pan.
- Spread the brittle as thin as possible.
- When cool break into pieces.
Happy Baking and Candy Making!