Your shopping cart is empty.
- Homemade Kisses or candies (enough for the number of mice you are making)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fondant sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon <> invertase
- Long stem maraschino cherries, drained
- Sliced almonds
- Meckens Candy Coating Cocoa Lite or dark
- Candy Coating White (eyes)
- Powdered sugar, for coating counter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine butter, corn syrup, vanilla and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Add fondant sugar and invertase. Mix until combined.
- Turn mixture out onto lightly powdered-sugar countertop. Knead until smooth. Add more powdered sugar, if needed, to keep the dough from sticking.
- Pat dough into a round, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled.
- Pinch off a small piece of sugar dough (enough to completely cover the cherry), flatten and wrap around drained cherries.
- Melt Mercken's confectionery coating and dip wrapped cherry. Do not dip the stem. The stem is the mouse tail. Set on parchment paper with stem pointing up.
- While confectionery coating is still melted, attach kiss to the top of the cherry. Then attach two sliced almonds between the cherry and kiss to form mouse ear.
- Allow mice to set up on a piece of parchment paper.
- When mice are hardened, melt white Meckens. Dip a toothpick in the melted white Merckens and "dab" melted white Merckens onto the face of the mouse to form the eyes, next using the toothpick dipped in chocolate candy coating “dab” center of eyes.
Happy Baking and Candy Making!
|Items per page: 9 15 30 All||4 Item(s)|
|Sort by: Featured | Price Low-High | Price High-Low | Name | New|